EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
- Insurance benefits include medical, dental, prescription drug, vision, and life insurance. Coverage begins after the introductory period of 90 days.
- Short-term disability insurance is available to hourly employees at a minimal cost.
- Long-term disability insurance is paid at 100% for employees covered under the medical insurance plan.
- Workers' compensation insurance is required by state law and is paid for entirely by the company.
- The company is 100% owned by the employees through the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Additional benefits include profit sharing, college savings plan, credit union.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- 11 paid holidays per year upon completion of introductory period.
- 1 Year of Service - One week (5 days)
- 2 Years of Service - Two weeks (10 days)
- 10 Years of Service - Three weeks (15 days)
- 18 Years of Service - Four weeks (20 days)
- Five earned days per year after first year.
CURRENT JOB POSTINGS
In Process Inspector
Full-time position on 2st shift after initial training on 1st shift for several weeks. Experience in military electronics industry is required. Familiarity with IPC-A-610 and/or J-STD-001electronic workmanship and solder requirements is required. However, older military workmanship specification experience is acceptable. Candidate must be able to interpret assembly requirements using drawings, parts lists, and associated change documentation. Must be organized and computer literate.
Sechan Electronics, Inc., a leading supplier to the United States department of defense, is looking for an experienced Buyer. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the procurement of materials and components for complex, high reliability, military electronic equipment. The key responsibilities of this position include supplier development, source selection, best value analysis, and aggressive supplier management.
Experience with United States Government procurement regulations, and an understanding of "ITAR" regulations, and AS9102 requirements is desired. Procurements are made in accordance with stringent military and aerospace requirements. Close attention to detail and exacting flow down of customer and industry specifications is vital in this position.
You will be responsible for managing the total procurement cycle for the given commodity. Due to the highly competitive environment of our business it is essential that the individual is able to perform a comprehensive cost analysis of all BIDs, challenge the supply base to continually improve its competitive posture. Time is of the essence in all actions, and the ability to handle changing requirements and multiple tasks with urgency is absolutely necessary.
A minimum of five years procurement experience and a Bachelor's degree in a related field required. Experience in Military Component Procurement is required. A strong background in Active Electronic components (Semiconductor – ICs) is desired. Experience in Procurement of Printed Circuit Boards, Metal Fabrications, and related Commodities are a plus. Direct experience in the Procurement of Components and Value-Add services, and the ability to forge strong Supplier relationships is essential.
Mfg. Engineering Manager
Sechan Electronics, Inc. is seeking an experienced, highly motivated individual to manage our manufacturing engineering function. Sechan's principal manufacturing technology areas include box build and system integration, wire harness fabrication, and electronic circuit card assembly population and test. This position involves the daily oversight and management of the Manufacturing Engineering staff, process development, propagation of continuous improvement initiatives, and structuring of corporate policies and procedures related to the Manufacturing Engineering function. Requirements for this position include:
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in successful management of the functions cited above
- A BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or a related field
- Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
- Direct experience with the production of high reliability products containing the manufacturing technology areas cited above (Preferably in a high mix, low volume environment)
- Thorough knowledge of AS9100, IPC-A-610, and IPC-A-620 requirements
- Experience in cost estimating practices and the writing of technical proposals in support of new business development
Manufacturing Engineering Lead Person-Circuit Card Assemblies
Provides advanced engineering expertise in support of the design, and integration of highly complex circuit card assemblies. Technical expertise should include a broad background in circuit card assembly with a strong concentration in surface mount technology/processes. Demonstrated process expertise shall include: Component Lead Forming, Solder Paste Stencil Printing, Pick and Place, Solder Reflow, Cleaning Systems, Through Hole Assembly, Wave and Selective Soldering, Post Automated Hand Assembly processes, Bonding and Conformal Coating. Competency in Design for Manufacturing, SPC, Manufacturing Fixture Design is also a plus. Tasks may include: creation of manufacturing instructions, data analysis, process development, preparation of estimates for bids and proposals, development of plant and facility layouts, etc. Emphasis is on leadership and coordination of the overall strategic technical direction of Circuit Card Assembly Manufacturing Technology. Requires the application of engineering standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques in ways that are highly innovative. A focus on developing best practices and on mentoring others will also be expected. A minimum of 5 years' experience and a BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
Electronics Solderer - 2nd Shift
Military electronics company seeks high reliability electronics solderers. The ideal candidates will have Military Class 3, J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610 certifications. Minimum experience to be considered is Commercial Class 1 with 2 years of experience. Computer knowledge, personal discipline, and a positive attitude are desirable work capabilities. The positions are full time, 2nd shift (1st shift for training before going to 2nd). Comprehensive benefit package.
We have several openings for individuals with basic understandings of manufacturing drawings and work instructions—a full training program is provided. Mechanical aptitude, basic math skills, attention to detail, strong reading, comprehension, and retention skills are required. Several positions exist in final assembly. Openings on 1st shift. Comprehensive benefits package, clean workplace.
APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT